- Grey Market Premium is a Price that is traded in a Grey market.
- IPO Gray Market is a marketplace where financial securities are traded informally.
- It is not an illegal marketplace, rather it is an informal marketplace.
- In the case of the financial securities market, all securities that are either barred from trading on the exchange or are not yet up for IPO are traded in this market.
- All transactions in Gray Market are in cash form without any regulatory or governing authority.
Grey Market Premium (GMP) of IPO on 2022-23
Here you are going to see, what was the Grey market premium of all the IPOs listed in 2022, on the day of listing and you can also see the listing dates of all IPO.
|IPO Name||GMP||Cutoff Price||Listing Date||Listing Price|
|Abans Holdings||–||₹270||23 Dec 2022||₹273|
|Landmark Cars||–||₹506||23 Dec 2022||₹471|
|Sula Vineyards||–||₹357||22 Dec 2022||₹361|
|Uniparts India||₹40||₹577||12 Dec 2022||₹617|
|Dharmaj Crop Guard||₹55||₹237||8 Dec 2022||₹287|
|Keystone Realtors||₹5||₹541||24 Nov 2022||₹546|
|Inox Green Energy||–||₹65||23 Nov 2022||₹60|
|Kaynes Technology||₹220||₹587||22 Nov 2022||₹807|
|Five Star Business Finance||–||₹474||21 Nov 2022||₹468|
|Archeran Chemicals||₹120||₹407||21 Nov 2022||₹527|
|Global Health||₹20||₹336||16 Nov 2022||₹356|
|Bikaji Foods||₹25||₹300||16 Nov 2022||₹325|
|Fusion Micro Finance||₹5||₹368||15 Nov 2022||₹372|
|DCX Systems||₹85||₹207||11 Nov 2022||₹292|
|Tracxn||–||₹80||20 Oct 2022||₹84|
|Electronics Mart||₹30||59||17 Oct 2022||₹89|
|Harsha Engineers||₹130||₹330||26 Sep 2022||₹450|
|Tamilnad Mercantile Bank||₹15||₹510||15 Sep 2022||₹495|
|Dreamfolks Services||₹120||₹326||06 Sep 2022||₹508|
|Syrma SGS||₹55||₹220||26 Aug 2022||₹260|
|Aether Industries||₹55||₹642||3 June 2022||₹704(9.7)|
|eMudhra||₹||₹256||1 June 2022||₹270(5.5%)|
|Ethos Ltd||₹-5||₹878||30 May 2022||₹830(-5.5%)|
|Paradeep Phosphates||₹0.30||₹42||27 May 2022||₹44(4.8%)|
|Delhivery||₹-10||₹487||24 May 2022||₹495(1.68)|
|Venus Pipes And Tubes||₹20||₹42||24 May 2022||₹335(2.76)|
|Prudent Corporate Advisory Services||₹18||₹630||21 May 2022||₹650(3.17)|
|LIC||₹-26||₹949||17 May 2022||₹872(-2.74)|
|Rainbow Children’s||₹-10||₹542||10 May 2022||₹510(-5.90)|
|Campus Activewear||₹40||₹292||09 May 2022||₹360(23.29%)|
|Hariom Pipe||₹25||₹153||13Apr 2022||₹178(16.34%)|
|Veranda Learning||₹15||₹137||07 Apr 2022||₹152(10.95%)|
|Uma Exports||₹-||₹68||07 April 2022||₹68(0.00%)|
|Ruchi Soya||₹140||₹650||06 Apr 2022||₹790(21.54%)|
|Vedant Fashions IPO GMP||₹ -12||₹866||16 Feb 2022||₹854(-1.39%)|
|Adani Wilmar IPO GMP||₹ 23||₹230||08 Feb 2022||₹253(10%)|
|AGS Transact IPO GMP||₹ -6||₹175||01 Feb 2022||₹169(-3.34%)|
Grey Market Premium (GMP) of IPO on Listing Day in 2021-22
Here you are going to see, what was the IPO GMP in 2021, on the day of listing.
|IPO Name||GMP||Listing Date|
|CMS Info System IPO GMP||₹ 4||31 Dec 2021|
|Supriya Lifescience IPO GMP||₹ 145||28 Dec 2021|
|HP Adhesives IPO GMP||₹ 100||27 Dec 2021|
|Data Patterns IPO GMP||₹ 330||23 Dec 2021|
|Medplus Health IPO GMP||₹ 145||23 Dec 2021|
|Metro Brands IPO GMP||₹ -55||22 Dec 2021|
|Mapmyindia IPO GMP||₹ 705||21 Dec 2021|
|Shriram Properties IPO GMP||₹ 11||20 Dec 2021|
|Rategain Travel Tech. IPO GMP||₹ 18||17 Dec 2021|
|Anand Rathi IPO GMP||₹ 56||14 Dec 2021|
|Tega Industries IPO||₹ 305||12 Dec 2021|
|Star Health IPO||₹ -72||10 Dec 2021|
|Go Fashion IPO||₹ 505||30 Nov 2021|
|Tarsons Products IPO||₹ 160||26 Nov 2021|
|Latent View Analytics IPO||₹ 300||22 Nov 2021|
|Sapphire Foods IPO||₹ 173||18 Nov 2021|
|Paytm IPO||₹ – 20||18 Nov 2021|
|Sigachi Industris IPO||₹ 230||15 Nov 2021|
|SJS Enterprises IPO||₹ 76||14 Nov 2021|
|Policybazaar IPO||₹ 155||15 Nov 2021|
|Fino Payment Bank IPO||₹ 0||11 Nov 2021|
|Nykaa IPO||₹ 760||11 Nov 2021|
|Aditya Birla IPO||₹ 25||11 Oct 2021|
|Paras Defence IPO||₹ 230||30 Sep 2021|
|Sensera Engineering IPO||₹ 70||24 Sep 2021|
|Ami Organics IPO||₹ 160||14 Sep 2021|
|Vijaya Diagnostics IPO||₹ -5||14 Sep 2021|
|Aptus Value Housing IPO||₹ -25||24 Aug 2021|
|Chemplast Sanmar IPO||₹ 4||24 Aug 2021|
|Nuvoco Vistas IPO||₹ – 10||23 Aug 2021|
|CarTrade IPO||₹ 135||20 Aug 2021|
|Devyani International IPO||₹ 57||16 Aug 2021|
|Krsnaa Diagnostics IPO||₹ 280||17 Aug 2021|
|Windlas Biotech IPO||₹ 90||17 Aug 2021|
|Exxaro Rings IPO||₹ 6||17 Aug 2021|
|Rolex Rings IPO||₹ 405||09 Aug 2021|
|Gleanmark Life Science IPO||₹ 85||06 Aug 2021|
|Tatva Chintan IPO||₹ 1120||29 July 2021|
|Zomato IPO||₹ 25||27 July 2021|
|G R Infra IPO||₹ 580||19 July 2021|
|Clean Science & Technology IPO||₹ 625||18 July 2021|
|India Pesticides Ltd IPO||₹ 62||25 Jun 2021|
|Doodla Dairy IPO||₹ 91||28 Jun 2021|
|Krishna Institute IPO||₹ 130||18 Jun 2021|
|Shyam Metalics IPO||₹ 136||24 Jun 2021|
|Sona BLW Comstar IPO||₹ 62||23 Jun 2021|
|Macrotech Developers IPO||₹ 7||19 Apr 2021|
|Barbeque IPO||₹ 0||07 Apr 2021|
|Nazara Technologies IPO||₹ 570||30 Mar 2021|
|Suryoday Bank IPO||₹ 0||26 Mar 2021|
|Kalyan Jewellers||₹ 0||26 Mar 2021|
|Craftsman IPO||₹ 32||25 Mar 2021|
|Laxmi Organics IPO||₹ 70||25 Mar 2021|
|Anupam Rasayan IPO||₹ 70||24 Mar 2021|
|Easy Trip IPO||₹ 125||19 Mar 2021|
|MTAR IPO||₹ 490||15 Mar 2021|
|Heranba IPO||₹ 245||05 Mar 2021|
|Railtel IPO||₹ 17||26 Feb 2021|
|Nureca IPO||₹ 75||26 Feb 2021|
|Brookfield IPO||₹ 0||17 Feb 2021|
|Stove Kraft IPO||₹ 78||05 Feb 2021|
|Home First IPO||₹ 170||03 Feb 2021|
|Indigo IPO||₹ 800||02 Feb 2021|
|IRFC IPO||₹ 0.30||29 Jan 2021|
|Antony Waste IPO||₹ 135||01 Jan 2021|
What is IPO Gray Market?
1. The gray market for financial securities is known as the IPO gray market. All transactions in this market are essentially in cash.
2. GMP is not regulated by statutory bodies like (SEBI) or any other authority. This market purely works on the trust factor with a comparatively less number of people. There is no participation of any stockbroker in this market. Only dealers work in this market. In this market, either the securities suspended from the stock exchange are traded or the securities are not yet listed or made public. Invest money in IPO only on the basis of Fundamental and Valuation.
3. Like BSE and NSE Gray Market does not have an official stock exchange. In this, trading is done on a call with mutual trust. For this, it is necessary to have personal contact with the operator. There is no guarantee of completion of the transaction in the gray market. The deals are reserved for the day of listing on NSE or BSE. The difference between the gray premium trading price is settled in cash. It also deals in small retail applications.
What are the Advantages of IPO Gray Market?
1. IPO Gray Market allows investors to exit an IPO even before its listing. Investors can take advantage of Value Movement before its listing.
2. In the case of financial securities, this market provides the issuer and the underwriter with an approximate figure of the share price and valuation before it goes public.
3. Such a market of goods offers the same authorized product by the same authorized manufacturer at a discounted price. Low prices attract customers to this market.
4. The unauthorized market as they get huge discounts from manufacturers and to get rid of excess supply they make more profit by supplying directly in the gray market.
5. IPO is the best marketplace for gray market start-ups to decide whether to go public or not. It helps startups in their valuation process.
What are the Disadvantages of the Gray market?
1 Price estimation based on the premium is not always reliable in IPO gray market. Sometimes the price range is significantly impacted due to additional subscriptions from institutional investors.
2. The gray market of financial securities is not subject to any regulatory authority. This increases manipulation and makes it risky.
3. Due to risk, many institutional investors like Pension Funds, Foreign Direct Investment (FDI), Foreign Portfolio Investment (FPI), Mutual Funds, etc avoid investing in the gray market.
What is a grey market premium?
In short, a grey market premium is a difference between the price of an item at a retail store and the price of an item on the grey market (typically eBay).
Is the grey market illegal in India?
I live in India, and a grey market is illegal here. Why do you ask? Because any product which is not registered in India is an illegal product. It is illegal to buy or sell such products. The only exception is if you buy such products from the manufacturer directly. For example, if I buy an original Apple iPhone from the apple store, then it is legal. But if I buy the same product from a guy who got it from apple through a grey market, then it is illegal.
What does GMP mean in IPO?
Grey market premium is the difference between the IPO price and the price of secondary placement. Companies which are having excellent fundamentals will have more demand in the grey market. So the companies which do not have so good fundamentals will get less demand in the grey market.
Can I sell IPO on listing day?
IPO stands for Initial Public Offering. These are stocks of high-growth companies that are initially listed on a public exchange. And yes, you can sell IPO on listing day. You can buy IPO on listing day, you can buy IPO for the next couple of weeks, but remember that selling IPO on listing day itself is not recommended by investment experts.
If you sell IPO on listing day, you won’t get the right price. Why? Because most of the buyers are retail investors and they don’t know the concept of value investing. They just look at the number and statistics of the company and they buy the company’s stock. But if you are an investor, you should look beyond that and figure out the valuation of the company.
So, my point is if you have a strong conviction about the company, hold your IPO stocks for the next couple of weeks. If you do that, you will get the right price.
What is GMP Grey Market Premium?
Grey Market Premium is a Price that is traded in a Grey market. IPO Gray Market is a marketplace where financial securities are traded informally. It is not an illegal marketplace, rather it is an informal marketplace. In the case of the financial securities market, all securities that are either barred from trading on the exchange or are not yet up for IPO are traded in this market. All transactions in Gray Market are in cash form without any regulatory or governing authority.